September’s Missions’ focus is our Nursing Home and Assisted Living Center Blitz! Individuals and groups of SIBC are encouraged to hit the hedges and highways with ministry and visitation!
Anyone interested in Baptism, is asked to see, call, text, or email the Pastor no later than Sunday, October 13th.
Sunday, October 13, 2019
- SIBC celebrates Fresh Worship Sunday at 10:45 a.m.
- Free health screenings are being offered in the J.A. White Library.
- The Media Ministry and anyone interested in joining meets following
morning worship in the small Chapel.
- Pastor Thompson is preaching Homecoming and Anniversary Service at the Progressive Baptist Church, 1600 Clanton Rd., Charlotte, NC 28208 at 3 p.m. Dinner will be served at 1:15 p.m. The Male Choir and Ushers should be prepared to render service.
- Please remember to invite men on every 2nd Sunday!
Sunday, October 20, 2019
- SIBC holds Baptism Sunday at 10:15 a.m.
- There is no Sunday School or New Members’ Orientation.
- All Candidates for Baptism will meet at 9:30 a.m. in the Pastor’s Study.
- All SIBC members will meet for Quarterly Church Conference following morning worship in the Sanctuary.
- Please remember to invite youth and young adults on every 3rd Sunday!
- SIBC observes Healing and Deliverance Sunday at 10:45 a.m.
- Please remember to invite someone from the community on every 4th Sunday!
- SIBC hosts Evangelism Sunday at 10:45 a.m.
- The Membership Care Committee meets at 10:30 a.m. in the small Chapel.
- The entire SIBC Leadership Team meets following morning worship in the small Chapel.
- Please remember to invite family and friends on every 1st Sunday
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 if you did not vote early, then please cast your ballot on this election day!
Saturday, November 9, 2019 there will be a Shoebox Packing Party from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. All of SIBC is participating!
Sunday, November 10, 2019
- SIBC celebrates Connecting with Our Community Day at 10:45 a.m.
- Free health screenings will be offered following morning worship in the J.A. White Library.
- Please remember to invite someone from the community on every 2nd Sunday!
- SIBC hosts Pack the Pews Sunday (Jerseys and Jeans) at 10:45 a.m.
- All SIBC is asked to pack the pews with family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
- Please show up in your favorite jersey/sweatshirt, and jeans
SIBC has been asked to participate for the “Operation Christmas Child” project this year. This project of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief organization since 1993, Operations Christmas Child has delivered gift-filled shoeboxes to over 168 million children in more than 100 countries. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with gift items as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. Our Missionary Group will be leading this project and asking those who are willing to support this effort. Please see Sis. Rita Stitt or Sis. Judy Woods for more information.
Congregational and Community Prayer - Sundays, 10:30am to 10:45am in the Prayer Room
Fasting Fridays - 12 noon from wherever you are
When a member is sick or
desires prayer, please offer prayer and contact the Church Office with details.
- 1st Sunday - members are asked to donate $20 to the SIBC Building Fund.
- Remember to keep our Sick and Shut-In in our prayers
- Click Here for choir or dance & drama rehearsal schedules and ministry meeting schedules.
- The SIBC Media Ministry is available to assist organizations with promoting events and programs! All 2019 events must have a Media Plan at least 30 days in advance of the event. Contact a member of the Media Ministry for more information or complete the Media Request Form and return it to one of the Media Ministry members.
- Online giving is now available through our church website under the DONATE section and/or Givelify App on your mobile devices. Please let us know if you need assistance with getting started!
- When there is inclement weather, please tune into WSOC-TV for SIBC's SOCIAL MEDIA pages for cancellations or delays.
- 2018 Contribution Statements are still available in the alphabetized shelves outside of the Church Office. Please pick yours up today!