76th Church Anniversary Choir will rehearse on Tuesday, 12/3 at 7 p.m. and Thursday, 12/5 at 7 p.m. This choir and all choirs are open to all to join and help us worship the Lord in excellence!
Saturday, December 7, 2019
The SIBC Leaders’ Christmas Fellowship will occur at 11 a.m. at Londa’s Place, 3635 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd., Charlotte, NC 28214. Please RSVP Pastor Thompson no later than Sunday, November 24th. The entire 2019 and 2020 leadership team are welcome to join us!
Sunday, December 8, 2019
- SIBC celebrates its 76th Church Anniversary at 10:45 a.m. The theme is " Trusting, Leaning, Acknowledging and Directing". The Scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6. The Anniversary colors are red, black, teal blue and white.
- All SIBC is asked to give a $76 Anniversary assessment. For additional details, please see Sis. Faye Sanders or Sis. Carolyn Mobley.
- Please invite everyone that you can to celebrate with us!
Sunday, December 15, 2019
- SIBC observes Advent Sunday at 10:45 a.m.
- Please remember to invite youth and young adults on every 3rd Sunday!
Sunday, December 22, 2019
- SIBC hosts Pre-Christmas Worship at 10:45 a.m.
- Please remember to invite someone from the community on every 4th Sunday!
Sunday, December 29, 2019
- SIBC holds 5th Sunday Missionary Service at 10:45 a.m. All SIBC missionaries are asked to wear white.
- Please remember to give $10 for the D.W. Gaither Scholarship Fund.
- Please remember to invite someone every 5th Sunday!
Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- SIBC and Mt. Vernon celebrate New Year’s Eve Worship here at 7 p.m. Pastor Aaron McCoy is delivering the message. The Scripture is Psalm 30:5b and the theme is “So Glad I Made It!” A light New Year’s Eve Fellowship Meal will be served following worship.
- Please support and bring someone with you!
Congregational and Community Prayer - Sundays, 10:30am to 10:45am in the Prayer Room
Fasting Fridays - 12 noon from wherever you are
When a member is sick or
desires prayer, please offer prayer and contact the Church Office with details.
- 1st Sunday - members are asked to donate $20 to the SIBC Building Fund.
- Remember to keep our Sick and Shut-In in our prayers
- Pastor Thompson is preaching a sermon series entitled “It’s Time For A Checkup!”
- PLEASE PROVIDE WEEKLY FEEDBACK TO THE STRATEGIC VISIONARY TEAM REGARDING OUR DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP AND MUSIC PROCESS. WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!
- All 2020 Calendar, Nominating, and Budget information is due no later than Sunday, November 24, 2019.
- All Ministries, Committees, and Auxiliaries are asked to close out this calendar year by assessing budgets and providing all funds/contributions to the Church Treasurer no later than Sunday, December 29, 2019.
- The SIBC Media Ministry is available to assist organizations with promoting events and programs! All 2019 events must have a Media Plan at least 30 days in advance of the event. Contact a member of the Media Ministry for more information or complete the Media Request Form and return it to one of the Media Ministry members.
- Online giving is now available through our church website under the DONATE section and/or Givelify App on your mobile devices. Please let us know if you need assistance with getting started!
- When there is inclement weather, please tune into WSOC-TV for SIBC's SOCIAL MEDIA pages for cancellations or delays.